Title: Loaded Turkey Burrito
Ingredient: Lilydale Carved Turkey Breast
Loaded Turkey Burrito:
Description: Burrito night just got an upgrade! Try adding Turkey to your burritos for a delicious change to this classic dish.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
2 packages (300g) Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Turkey Breast
1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
¾ cup (175 mL) salsa
½ cup (125 mL) low fat sour cream
½ tsp (2.5 mL) ground cumin
½ tsp (2.5 mL) red Chili powder
1 cup (250 mL) canned corn
2 cups (500 mL) cheddar cheese, grated
¼ cup (62.5 mL) chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
8 large whole wheat tortillas
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent.
2. Add in Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Turkey Breast, chili powder and cumin. Cook for Approximately 5 minutes until entire filling mixture is hot.
3. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
4. Remove from heat and keep covered on the side.
5. Using one tortilla at a time, lay flat on a chopping board and fill with filling.
6. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of filling along the centre of the tortilla, top with corn, salsa, sour cream and cheese. Garnish with with cilantro if desired.
7. Gently fold sides in and roll up to keep the filling inside.
8. Toast on a new skillet on medium high until sides of burrito are slightly toasted (approximately 2 minutes per side).
9. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Be sure not to overfill your burrito or it will not close.