ah summer. nothing better.
I am so over the moon that its finally hot out. Canada is cold, pretty much all year long except for July and August so we are taking advantage and trying to get out everyday. I have created a list below of essential items for a day out with a baby or toddler! It used to be that you would put on your shorts and swimsuit, grab a towel and off you go! How times have changed….this is my go-to list whenever I take Jenna out for the day! Hope it helps you as much as it helps me. I use this list religiously after going out the first day totally unprepared. Hopefully you read this before you take your babe out and don’t get stuck like I did.
Pre-motherhood packing list for a day at the park/beach
- flip flops
Mom packing list for a day at the park/beach/splash pad
- Towel for you (because even if you don’t go in for sure your babe will splash you)
- Towel for your little one , preferably something with a hood to keep their heads covered while drying
- swimsuit for your little one
- swim diaper for your little one
- extra baggie for your little ones wet clothes and towel
- sunscreen for your baby (to reapply after they get wet)
- extra hat for your baby (because of course theirs gets wet while they are splashing around)
- shoes for your baby
- snacks for your baby in a cooler bag if necessary
- sippy cup or bottle with appropriate fluids(water/breastmilk/formula) in a cooler bag to keep baby hydrated
- extra clothes for you (if you aren’t wearing a bathing suit and get splashed)
- sunglasses for you
- sunglasses for your little one
- hand sanitizer
- baby wipes
- extra diapers
- diaper cream or vaseline as required
- extra ones in case it gets cold
- umbrella or some sort of sun shield to ensure baby doesn’t get too hot
If you think i missed anything please comment below and let me know!
HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!
Stay Safe and Good luck!